Saturday, July 05, 2008

terrible 2's


The terrible 2's are here. I know what they mean now. They mean your otherwise angelic, adorable child (see photo) who turns into someone you've never met before. She pushes, and hits, and screams, and grabs, and won't even think about letting anyone else touch anything that belongs to her. Play date? How can you play with someone who's crying because you just pushed her down and grabbed the fake peas out of hand? Heaven forbid that your friend play with one piece of your 100 piece playfood set! Later that night, after the disastrous "play date" was over (which ended in a bath, since E.A. ground dirt into the other kid's hair while the moms weren't looking), E.A. looked at me and said, "I don't want my friends to cry." I just said, "Well then you need to share your toys and be sweet to them. If you hit your friends they will cry." She thought about it, and said, "O.K. mommy." We'll see.

No comments: