Thursday, February 04, 2010

7 months old


Emily is 7 months old. She can sit up. The world is a different place for her now. She has started playing with her toys. She wants to grab anything and everything. She has NO USE for any time spent changing diapers or getting dressed. The minute you lay her down on her changing bed she flips herself onto her tummy, looking for something to do or see or touch. It has become a kind of wrestling match. She says da-da-da alot, much sooner than Elizabeth did. I'm not sure if it's just babbling or if she's saying daddy. I kinda think it's just babbling. She loves to eat! She'll eat large portions of almost anything you give her. She loves sweet potatoes and rice cereal made with formula. She loves fruit, but not peaches. She likes squash and peas and different fruit/grain foods. She's started eating these little yum-yum rice crackers. It's so cute to see her munching on them. She really loves her big sister and her mommy and daddy (especially mommy). She seems to have some separation anxiety. Whenever anyone comes over she gets fussy and starts crying. I think she believes that we are going to leave. I hope she grows out of that!

It's so sweet to see Elizabeth with her. Elizabeth really enjoys her. They have started playing together, sort of. Elizabeth is very kind to her and that makes me happy. She's an awesome big sister. Emily is probably days away from crawling. She scoots and rolls around. She gets up on her knees but just hasn't quite gotten the crawl down pat.

Emily can take a bath in the big tub now that she can sit up. She LOVES it. Elizabeth "helps" bathe her, and it is very sweet. She's a wonderful baby and I love seeing her grow. She was 28 " (0ff the charts) and 14 lbs. 13 oz. (25%) at her 6 month check-up. So she's long, but kind of lean. Danny calls her a supermodel baby.

The pic I posted is in honor of the facebook look-a-like week. People always used to tell me that I looked like Ally Sheedy. I don't see it, but that's the best I could do.

No comments: