Monday, May 03, 2010

Sisters


When I was expecting my second child, I told everyone that I didn't care what the gender of the baby was, but that it would be nice if it were a boy...then I'd have one of each. When I found out that I was having a girl, I was honestly, absolutely thrilled. I think deep down inside I really wanted a girl. I don 't have a sister, so I don't know what it's like to have one. But I have always imagined that it would be wonderful. Now my girls will be able to share that very, very close and special relationship. I'm already praying that they will be close, and really love each other. So far, so good.
Em was 10 months old on Sat. On that day, she took her first tentative steps. Just one or two, but so thrilling. She'll be running around the house in no time. At the moment one of her hobbies is sneaking in the bathroom and wreaking all kind of havoc -- unrolling the toilet paper, turning on the tub faucet, and - yuck- playing in the toilet! El had her 4 year check up last week. She was 44 pounds and 44 inches. Her hearing was great and her vision was great, too. Her only problem is that she coughs alot. Probably allergies, possibly reflux. She's about to start taking allergy meds. 4 is a wonderful age. She's a little more mature, so a LITTLE more controlable. But still free and fun. She loves her dolls and playing princess and making tea parties for her animals. She makes a mess faster than anyone I've ever seen in my life. And she HATES soccer. More on that later. She also states as fact things that she wishes were true. For example, she really wants me to go back to work so that her little sister can go to her school. So she tells her teacher, "my mommy is at work today." Wishful thinking. If you say something enough, maybe it will come true. Hey...I think I've found the Secret!!

No comments: