
Well...It's time to record some special moments from the last 6 months. My sweet bagy, who was one at the last posting, has now turned 18 months old!! I can hardly believe it!!! Today - 1-1-11 - is her half birthday. She's halfway to 2! She's talking in sentences now, "I want my paci!" I want some milk" Momma, Dora and Boots." and words, "Einstein," "Tubbies," Momma, chocolate!!!" She's extremely polite. "Bless you, Momma." "Thank you." "Yes." "Please." She's a character. She adores and copies her big sister --- jumping around, and off of furniture (oops). She loves to play with shape sorters and to put things into containers. She loves to laugh and giggle and play peek-a-boo. She LOVES to play outside. She already colors - with crayons and markers. She's a firecracker! Not sure if it's because she has an older sister to watch or just the way God made her....but....she can flat pitch a fit! Screaming, wailing, and hitting anyone who gets in her way. When I correct her and tell her not to hit others....she hits herself!! I'm praying this spunky, feisty, energy can be channeled and used for good. Meanwhile, big sister is holding her own. 4 1/2 and growing up too fast! She loves pink, and barbies, and dolls, and anything that's not even remotely scary. That means no bad guys. Which means nothing but preschool-aged shows on PBSKids and nickjr. Dora, Max and Ruby, Blue's Clues, Gullah-Gullah Island, etc. STrawberry Shortcake is OK, and so is Charlie Brown. But most of Disney and Barbie are off limits. Which is fine by me, actually. She loves drawing and painting. She loves being outside. She loves plants and flowers. She loves dogs, but not cats so much because she thinks she's allergic. She's a leader. I pray that strength will serve her well. A new year. Just a few months before my precious E.A. starts Kindergarten. It's hard to imagine. Happy New Year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment