Tuesday, October 16, 2012
What a difference a year and a half makes! I'm not sure why I haven't written. Just life, I guess. So... what has been going on? Well, at the beginning of the year I discovered the company "Rodan and Fields" and decided to take the plunge and become an independent consultant with them. It has had its ups and downs, but I have met some wonderful people and am slowly but surely building my business. I decided to leave my job at Gadsden State. It was a really big decision, but one that Danny and I made together. I wanted to look back on my life and remember a season of it that was spent focusing on my family. I felt strung out almost all the time, and even my "part time" schedule wasn't a good fit. So here I am.... a stay at home mom. Elizabeth is in first grade. She is SO SMART. She can read, really well. She's in the top group in the top reading group for her grade. She is still a little girl, which I love and adore. She loves her dolls, and she still likes pink, even though kids at school tell her pink is for babies! She does ballet at the cultural arts center (along with little sister) and takes tennis lessons on Thursday afternoons. She is a little lady and so, so sweet with such a giving heart. If someone offers her candy, she'll ask for a second piece so that she can give one to her sister. She still loves to set up audiences for her shows, but doesn't do that as often. She loves to play games -- candy land, apples to apples, bingo. She bought this crazy wig today at Dirt Cheap. It looks like the hair from the little girl in the Wendy's adds. She wore that crazy wig to Chick fil a and the movies! She had a best friend, Hannah Mayo, who recently moved to France. We miss her so much, but know that her families journey in the mission field is going to be amazing.
Emily is 3! Still long and lean, very tall. And still a MESS. She is addicted to that Paci. She loves to watch TV. Mickey Mouse, Pinky Dinky Doo, normal pre-school stuff. Nothing scary. She thinks the Chick fil a cow is a bonafied celebrity. A BIG DEAL!
She has a pet mouse named Egbar. He is invisible. She will just start talking about him at the most unexpected times. "Egbar doesn't want to go there today. He's too tired." It's really, really funny! She keeps me laughing and is a passionate little girl. She loves animals and is super enthusiastic about almost everything she does. The last 6 months have been wild. Our dear friends and neighbors, the McMillans, have been in and out of town while the dad has battled a brain tumor. He is getting better, but we have missed getting to see them and their precious daughter, HC. I can't believe how time is going by. As the great poet Steven Tyler said, "I don't want to miss a thing!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment