Wednesday, December 20, 2006

baby proofing

We are currently trying to babyproof our home. You always hear that term, and it makes sense, right? Just make your home safe for your baby. Well, it's not as easy as it sounds. Elizabeth is crawling, fast, and pulling up on everything she can, and she's like a little terminator. Anything that she can get her hands on, she tries to rip up or throw down. And we are people with lots of stuff. I'm a piler. I pile stuff here and there. Papers, magazines, bills, whatever. She's destroying my piles. Now I can't even put stuff on the sofa because she can pull up, reach over the cushion, grab my stuff and start throwing it around the room. I'm running out of places to put my stuff. She also likes to play with electrical cords. I don't know what to do with those. And as soon as our tree goes down, we're gonna have to put away tons of stuff that she is blocked from getting to now. She's active, which is good! But man, babyproofing is hard.
BTW, she just got her first tooth! A little white dot jetting out from her lower gum. I'm so proud.

People are always telling me how cute and sweet she is, and I'm like, "I know. She's totally awesome!" She is.

No comments: