Friday, December 08, 2006

The Crawler

Elizabeth is crawling. It just sort of happened, a couple of weeks ago. One day she was just kind of flopping around, scooting a bit on her belly, and the next thing you know, she's on all fours and on the move. It's amazing, and adorable. It's the most wonderful thing I've ever seen. She crawls all over the place. The last couple of days she has started crawling to me, wherever I am. If I'm in the kitchen and I've just put her down in the living room to play with her toys, I'll look up and there she'll be, crawling toward me. She stops at my feet and just looks up at me. If I put her down to play in her room upstairs while I am brushing my teeth, after a couple of minutes I'll hear a little shuffle and there she'll be at the bathroom door. I am TOTALLY in love with this little crawling creature. Also, just a day or two after crawling she started pulling up. She loves to find anything that she can reach, pull up, and just stand there, hanging on for dear life. She wants to cruise, walking by hanging on to things, but she can't. But I don't think it'll be long. Also, she grabs anything and everything in sight. She's particulary fond of dishes and paper. Although we've bought her toys for Christmas, it seems kind of pointless. I really think she'd be happier with some crinkled wrapping paper and a few pieces of tupperware and spoons.

No comments: