Life changes when you have a baby. Everybody tells you that and it's true. The new fall lineup has come out. Normally, this would be an exciting time for me. Something to look forward to after work. Checking out new shows, enjoying new seasons of old favorites, etc. I love TV!
But all that has changed. I'm basically out of commission for the 7 - 8 p.m. time slot and often the 8 - 9 timeslot. This is because we have a night time routine now. It works for E.A., which is awesome, and I really enjoy it. She usually has her last meal between 6:30 and 7:00. Then, between 7:30 and 8:00 she gets to eat some cereal from a bowl. (not cornflakes...baby cereal).
Also, she gets a bath in there somewhere every other night. After all that is done, she goes upstairs and gets her PJ's on, I read her the book "Goodnight Moon," we rock a few minutes, and she goes to sleep. It's awesome. She's gotten used to it, so I can just put her in her crib and she'll play with the strings hanging from the mirror attached to her crib and then go to sleep.
This is wonderful. She's such a good baby. But I'm missing all the shows. So in the middle of caring for her we have to run around the house putting tapes in one or tw TV's to tape the shows we're missing. Last night there were 3 shows on at the same time that we wanted to see. We taped "House" and "Gilmore Girls" and I missed "Dancing with the Stars." And I LOVE that show.
I try to find other times to watch the shows. Sometimes I stay up after she's gone to sleep and watch them. But if I stay up too late, and then she wakes up early, I'm tired all day. And sometimes I watch them during the day, since I'm home with her now. It's working out O.K., but when I go back to work, I'm doomed.
Oh, the sacrifices of motherhood have already begun.
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yes you do. Tivo is the greatest invention of the free world. Sad, but true. Vicki and I made the plunge 2 years ago. We don't have babies but it is nice to be able to pause live tv so you can go to the bathroom or fix a sandwich. Not to mention storing all the programs you've missed. In our world, life is so hectic that TV is our main entertainment, that with our books. Vicki is a Dick Francis fanatic and me...well I'm a Ray Bradbury / Edgar Rice Burrough's kind of guy.
Tivo rocks....
michael b
I was just telling friends last night that when our little one comes is the time for us to become Tivo/DVR people.
Post a Comment