Elizabeth is on the move. She can roll wherever she wants to go. It's pretty cool. She rolls from her stomach to her back to her stomach, etc. She usually just rolls in one direction, over and over. I've seen her roll over once or twice, but I realized the full extent of her rolling last week. I was at home doing laundry, and I put her on her tummy for the obligatory "tummy time."
I say obligatory, because nowadays babies are supposed to sleep on their backs all the time. It's supposed to be safer for them. So for them to develop the strength and skills they need to learn to crawl and walk, you have to put them on their tummies to practice baby push-ups and stuff.
Anyway, I was doing laundry and I came back into the den and I didn't see her. I kind of freaked out, and then I looked around and she was across the room, smiling at me. She had rolled all the way over there!!!
I've already put away some clothes that she's grown out of. 0-3 months. And it won't be long before I put away the 3-6 months stuff. It's funny. I can't wait for her to become more communicative, and to start doing new stuff. At the same time, it makes me sad that she is growing up. I look at those little clothes and it's like, "she'll never wear that again." My little girl is growing up!!
Friday, September 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment