Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Sonic Stinks!

Well, this blog is an infrequent update on the life of my daughter. I write so seldom that I'm sure no one reads it anymore. But I just had to vent about my trip to Sonic today.

I went out to run a few errands, and decided to pick up a fresh-fruit slushy for the trip. A summer treat that I always enjoy. Long story short...I got to Sonic, ordered my strawberry slushy, and the girl came out and told me that it was $2.75. I was like, "what??" On the menu, all of the drinks were listed with one price at the bottom, ranging from $1.39 - $1.69. Since I ordered a small, I expected to pay about $1.50.

I asked her about the price, and showed her the menu. She huffed and puffed, grabbed the drink, stormed off, and said she would ring it up at that price. She mumbled something about fresh strawberries being more expensive, but ran away before we could discuss it. She came back out and had a lower price, and I looked at the slushy and just prayed that she hadn't spit in it or something gross like that. Elizabeth and I both drank it and we're O.K.....so far.

I showed her the menu again, and suggested that maybe they should list a price for the slushy. THERE WAS NO PRICE LISTED FOR THE SLUSHY. She looked at me like she wanted to shoot me and said, "I"ll put that in the suggestion box." And she was a manager. So unbelievably unprofessional and RUDE. It annoyed me, and I drove away from Sonic disturbed and unhappy.

I don't think that Sonic is the only place where good customer service is lacking. There are a lot of businesses in this community with helpful, friendly employees, but more and more that seems to be the exception rather than the rule. We need a customer service revolution!!!

6 comments:

David Finlayson said...

It's hard not to want to take it out of the franchise as a whole. I usually don't let crappy service slide. I'll call the home office. Here's the number for Sonic. Most of the time I get results and some of the time I get lip service.

1-866-657-6642. Give it a try.

You know, these bozos that work at Sonic expect tips. I hope you didn't.

Patti's MomBlog said...

Thanks, Liz. I think I'm gonna give them a call! No tip for that gal. I understand people are just trying to make a living, but when you are a manager and you tell someone that you'll "put it in the suggestion box", that brings out the rageaholic in me!

You're right. I shouldn't let it slide. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction!

David Finlayson said...

This is me...Liz's uncle David

Patti's MomBlog said...

Sorry, David. I zoned out. I know that Liz is Woodlayson. The picture of you and your family on your blog is awesome. So cool and artsy. I haven't called Sonic yet, but I will!

David Finlayson said...

Jack's in Southside passed off a burnt biscuit to me yesterday and I thought of you. I went to their website and told them that I didn't get breakfast because of it...boo hoo.

Every now and then you get some action, maybe an apology, or a coupon...for another burnt biscuit.

Patti's MomBlog said...

I'm ready to go on a crusade. Marching in the streets outside of businesses until I get some dang customer service. Someone at fitness plus also gave me the, "put it in the suggestion box"
line and it made me so mad that I quit my membership and got a refund. Something's gotta give!