I officially began my summer vacation this week. Except for a few days of substituting, I'm spending the entire summer home with Elizabeth. Last night our 9 year old nephew, Logan, spent the night with us. Elizabeth loves having company, and we had fun playing putt-putt this morning at Nocalula.
Elizabeth had a first this week: throwing up. I went in her room to check on her like I do every night before I go to bed and she was lying next to a giant pile of throw up. So gross!!! We got her up and cleaned her up, and she went back to bed. She got sick again the next morning, but then was fine all day and didn't get sick again, so far. I was worried about her, but she seems fine. Of all of the things that scared me about motherhood, throw up was probably the worst. I just have always had a weak stomach and didn't think I would be able to handle it. With Danny's help, we made it through the first episode.
Elizabeth's language development is really growing. She can say several words, like Momma, Dada, ball, duck, la la, and bye-bye. And she understands a lot! She goes to the gate when I say "let's go upstairs." She goes in the kitchen to the refrigerator when I say "It's time to eat." She goes to the door when I say, "Let's go get the mail." She can bring me different objects that I ask for, like, Pooh, a ball, her bunny, or a book. It's so awesome to see her learning new things every day. She gives hugs now. So if you ask for a hug she will give you one. And she's obsessed with phones, not play ones but real ones. Especially cell phones. She called Jim on the phone this morning while she was playing around with my cell phone. Sorry, Jim!
Friday, June 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment